Sunday, April 29, 2012

Verdict - Pop It Like It's Hot!

Jalapeno Popper Bites
This week's winner was Jalapeno Popper Bites... OMG these are soooooooooo good! The scary thing is that they literally take less than 20 minutes to make - from start to finish! Which actually worked out great for me today because I was really under the gun to make these! It's been a super busy weekend and my grandma came out to the house today for a visit and to help me with a HUGE gardening project - I promise to share pics when we're all done!

Confession: I didn't even look up the recipe for these. I think the picture tells you everything you need to know, right!? Your four ingredients are:

Store-Bought Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1 Jalapeno, sliced
2 Strips Cooked Bacon, crumbled/cut up
Cream Cheese (as much or as little as you like, but you really don't need very much - all said and done - I probably used about a 1/4 cup)\

Here's what you need to do:
I may have been overly cautious, but I wore gloves when cutting up the jalapeno. I didn't want to take any chances! Open up the Crescent Rolls package and unroll. Separate each one along the perforations and at the bottom (wide) part of the dough, place a small spoon full of cream cheese, followed by a piece or two of jalapeno, then place the bacon on top.

Roll up each Crescent Roll, and arrange on a baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Mine took 11.

Yumm-o! Enjoy~
C

1 comment:

  1. Sounds easy and yummy! Hope you got to enjoy after the kids went to bed.

    ReplyDelete