Sunday, May 6, 2012

Verdict - Greek Blackberry Fro Yo

Greek Blackberry Frozen Yogurt
Oh man this weekend was one of those weekend's when nothing seems to go as planned! Making this treat was just one example of that! A couple of Christmases ago, we got an ice cream maker from my mom. I was thrilled because Lauren and I love to cook (especially desserts) together. It only took about 4 passes through the house and garage before I found all the pieces to the ice cream maker...

This recipe has only 3 ingredients! Since I had to stop by the store to get them, I decided I would try to be efficient and do all of my grocery shopping in one trip while on the way to a friends house (it's not as crazy as it sounds - she lives close by and I didn't want to make another trip with the kids in tow later on). When I left her house that evening, I thought I had grabbed everything, but... 

After another trip to the store - with the kids - it was time to make Fro Yo!

3 ingredients & 3 steps = super easy!

3 cups fresh blackberries (I used a combo of blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries)
3 cups Greek yogurt
1 can sweetened condensed milk ( 14 ounce can, it's fine if it's a bit more or a bit less)

In a blender, puree the blackberries with the sweetened condensed milk. In a medium bowl mix the puree with the yogurt cheese, then pour the mixture in to your ice-cream maker and follow the manufacturer's directions. That's it! This frozen yogurt is super creamy and not too sweet. You will love it!

Delish! 
C

No comments:

Post a Comment